The Cooking Demo Ideas Book is BIG – it has over 300 pages with more than 30 lessons for today’s educator. Entertain and woo them with food while teaching them MANY important nutrition lessons (fiber, heart healthy, portion control, MyPlate, fruits and veggies, ethnic dishes, food safety, meal planning – to mention just a few). The way to your clients’ hearts and minds is through their stomachs! Cooking classes are the number one way to get clients to try new foods and new eating habits.
The Cooking Demo Ideas Book’s recipes are specifically designed to:
- emphasize the use of fruit, vegetables, whole grains and beans – they are very healthy.
- are low in fat, saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol.
- and high in fiber and flavor – they look and taste GREAT!
- use ingredients that are common and inexpensive – most recipes are perfect for limited income clients.
- go together fast – get a meal in less time than it takes to go out to eat.
- teach important nutrition lessons and useful cooking preparation techniques.
- present themselves beautifully to your audience.
- are up to the minute with MyPlate and Dietary Guidelines criteria.
Recipes are well-tested (they are developed from over 18 years of publishing by a professional chef) and taste great!
- Book PLUS CD Set:
- 316 page book
- CD with PDF file for eBook/handouts – 316 pages with leader guides and handouts
- eBook in PDF format – great for searching and printing materials in color or black and white
- CD with PPT files for shows:
- Recipe Modification: 50 slide PowerPoint show with speaker’s notes – our best tips on modifying recipes
- Menu Planning and Shopping Tips: 21 slide PowerPoint show with speaker’s notes – 3 ways to plan – pick what is best for you but learn how to do all three!
Plus there is MORE!
- PowerPoint slides show fat savings on many tips
- Cooking demo success tips – look like a professional chef with minimal effort – be prepared and show many steps easily just like the pros on the Food Channel
- Every lesson gives you an equipment and shopping list PLUS it has make ahead and presentation tips and number of tastings
- Food safety reminders and bonus food safety handout -help everyone stay safe
- Bonus leader guide for even more classes, i.e.: diabetes, cancer, etc.
- BONUS – appendix with favorite recipes and more lesson ideas
- Use for food and cooking demos. Health professionals agree that showing people how to cook and letting them taste healthy food increases the likelihood that they will want to try healthy foods at home. There is no better way to get your message across than with food!
- This book has all of the updated recipes from previous Cooking Demo Kits that are faster and they follow MyPlate, plus more of our favorite recipes, plus favorite handouts plus a MyPlate Cooking Demo section.